Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Police Officer Examination Preparation Guide: The Path of the Warrior

One reader of Police Officer Examination Preparation Guide: The Path of the Warrior said, “This book contains exactly what it says it does. The general info is presented in an interesting way so it makes for an easy and informative read. I'm not sure how useful test preps are for police exams as the exams test a general approach to policing rather than specific knowledge. The author's comments for each answer provide information about what approach to take and what things to consider when answering so I felt like I was getting great direction. However my results for the subsequent tests dropped a point each time, so I might have been better off trying not to overanalyze each response.

One reader of Police Officer Examination Preparation Guide: The Path of the Warrior said, “This book has been very helpful to me. I read it cover to cover and then went through it again, following the directions and making notes. It is easy to understand, and the way it is written (as if the author is talking directly to you) makes it interesting as well. Using this book I scored an "outstanding" on my interview. Even though the officers asked me some questions I was not prepared for, I knew how to think with my answers and what they were looking for, and I was not very nervous. The one note for this book is that your local testing process may be easier than that Mr. Jetmore lays out -- it depends on where you are applying. I am going for LAPD and their written test and physical test are both much easier. However, it is far better to be over-prepared than not ready! This book will also help you if you are not quite sure if you want to be a cop or not.”

No comments: